My Photo
Name:
Location: Vatican City

Night stalker. Lone gunman. Skin walker. Rogue agent. Shape shifter. Knight Templar. Mad scientist. Defender of the downtrodden. Closet Jungian.

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Eyes Wide Open

I rented Stanley Kubrick’s Eyes Wide Shut the other night. I’m a fan of Kubrick and think that 2001: A Space Odyssey is still one of the best films ever made. In fact, I like just about everything the man has created, the exception being Barry Lyndon. I noticed that Time in an issue a couple of weeks ago named the 100 best films of all time; Barry Lyndon was one of them - did the Time editors and I watch the same film?

When Eyes Wide Shut was first released, several women I knew told me they’d like to go see it, and I told them I’d be more than happy to take them. But each of them, individually, saw it by herself, or went with someone else. It was frustrating. So, I didn’t see it until I got a DVD of it a few nights ago. I was excited, because I’m a fan of Nicole Kidman, in the same way that I’m a fan of Kubrick. I think Kidman is the most beautiful woman of the age.

If you haven’t seen Eyes Wide Shut, I need to tell you that the film begins with Kidman dancing nekkid, back to the camera, to Shostakovich’s Waltz Number 2 from his Jazz Suite. Wow! I’d never seen Kidman nekkid before. I have to say, she’s got kinda a big butt, and pretty small breasts. But... I still think she’s the most beautiful woman of the age. That face! That red hair! That face!

I love you Nicole! I’m not as handsome as Tom, but I’m not as crazy either; I promise that if I’m ever on Oprah I won’t act like a chimp. Marry me! Have my babies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home