My Photo
Name:
Location: Vatican City

Night stalker. Lone gunman. Skin walker. Rogue agent. Shape shifter. Knight Templar. Mad scientist. Defender of the downtrodden. Closet Jungian.

Monday, June 20, 2005

Paying the Piper

I was filling my car yesterday (I paid $2.20 a gallon for the privilege), and the fellow at the pump next to me topped off his tank and exclaimed “Fifty dollars to fill-up! Can you believe that?”

I told him, “Expect it to get worse.”

I noticed that he was driving a huge SUV. I didn’t see a “W” sticker on his back window but since a large majority of Oklahomans voted for George W in the last election, I figured he did too.

If everyone in America owns and drives gas-guzzling SUVs, pickup trucks, and vans (according to Auto Week, only 40% of new vehicle sales are for automobiles) there’s going to be a strain on the oil supply. If Americans vote a Texas oil-man with powerful sponsors in the oil bidness into the White House, prices on oil and gas are going to go up.

Expect to pay even more for oil and gas in the coming weeks, months, and years, but sleep well, knowing that married homosexuals won’t be breaking into your home at night to harm you or your family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home